please read through all of this information to help you prepare for your first lesson.
Are Masks Required
Multi-Week Lesson Programs
Registration deadline Is Dec 15 for all multi-week programs starting in January. Any changes to scheduling, rental information, or other modifications to existing registration must be completed by Dec 26. Attempts to change any registration data after this time will likely result in significant wait or may not be possible.
How early should I arrive?
- Allow ample time to get dressed and with all equipment and ready for lesson at its scheduled time
- If renting equipment we recommend arriving 60 minutes before scheduled lesson time.
- Lessons start promptly at scheduled lesson time. If you arrive after scheduled lesson time and your group has headed on to the hill it may be difficult to catch up to them and you will run the risk of missing your lesson.
What level is my skier & snowboarder?
->Check out our skier & snowboarder ability sheet to determine your level of ability <-
Where do the classes meet?
- If renting please proceed to the rental shop to retrieve your pre set up reserved equipment at least 60 minutes before scheduled lesson time.
- Classes meet in our Ski and Snowboard School Learning Area.
Multi Week Lesson Programs
- Snowboard classes meet at Orange Cones with numbers that correspond to their assigned group number.
- Group numbers are based on the ability level that each group is being taught to.
- Ski classes meet at Yellow Cones with numbers that correspond to their assigned group number.
- Group numbers are based on the ability level that each group is being taught to
- Our staff will be on hand to help direct you to the appropriate group.
Tickets For Group Programs
Lost Valley Junior Program participants (independent of organized outside community groups)
- distributed to multi week program students by their instructors for Junior Program participants at the start of the first lesson. One ticket will be issued and will be dated for all sessions. Please retain the same ticket for each visit. If you wish to have the ability to switch the ticket to another jacket we suggest using a clip or small carabiner so that you can re attach it to the clothing of your choice during subsequent visits.
Organized School Groups, Recreation Department Groups , Community Ski and Snowboard Clubs
- Group organizers will be responsible for picking up tickets for the entire group on the first day . Tickets will not be distributed by Lost Valley Staff to individual participants of these organized groups
- Tickets must be distributed by designated group leader of School , Rec Department , or Club organizer at a location of their choosing. One ticket will be issued and will be dated for all sessions. Participants must retain the same ticket for each visit. If you wish to have the ability to switch the ticket to another jacket we suggest using a clip or small carabiner so that you can re-attach it to the clothing of your choice during subsequent visits.
- Rec Group leaders should communicate to their participants as to how to find and identify them. We suggest a sign or banner of some sort sign. Pop-ups are welcome. Group leaders may call to arrange advance ticket pickup.
Daily Private, Semi Private And Single day group lessons
- Meet instructors outdoors in ski school learning area
- Signage identifying Private 1 hr Ski/Snowboard and 2hr Learn To Ski/Snowboard will be there to help find your instructor. Your instructor will check you in and provide your lift ticket
What kind of clothing should I wear?
- Layers. Layers of appropriate winter outerwear, waterproof gloves, no loose articles of clothing, and goggles are recommended.
Should my child ski or snowboard?
- This depends on your child’s interest. It doesn’t matter which sport your child learns first.
- If you child expresses an interest in one over the other, go with that.
Can I switch to skiing from snowboarding and vice versa?
- Please be sure that you are selecting the correct lesson type and ability level as this is the group that your student will be with for the duration of our lesson program.
How are children placed in classes?
May I place friends together in the same lessons?
- you are welcome to make requests for this and we will do our best but can not guarantee. Lessons are grouped by ability level and in the order in which they are received. If a group of a particular ability level is full before a registration comes in, that registered student will be placed in the next available group of the same ability level
Where do I meet my child at the end of class?
- Students are released at the bottom of the trail that class ended on. Please arrange a meeting place with your child before the lesson begins. Lessons may begin and end on different slopes. Stress to your children where you will be when their lesson is completed.
Can Parents or others watch the lesson?
- Yes, but you must stand at the bottom of hill and out of the way of skiers / snowboarders on the hill.
How early should I arrive?
When should I have my rental equipment fitted?
Multi -Week Lesson Programs
- This year we are returning to In-Person rental fittings to improve accuracy.
Rental sizing must be made prior to Jan 1 so that we can have your equipment ready when you arrive. Please do not wait until the day of the lesson as this will cause significant delays and may result in lost lesson time.
- At Lost Valley Rental shop during all hours of operation
If participating with a rec department or school group, contact the group organizer at your school or rec department for group fitting times and location. They may or may not have scheduled one.
Equipment will be set up in advance for guests to pick up. See rental procedures
( please note that all rentals are for scheduled day of visit only as part of a weekly program, and must be returned after each session. This is not a seasonal rental. Rentals may not be taken home)
Single Day Lessons (Private Lessons, Semi Private Lessons, Learn to Ski or Snowboard , Mommy or Daddy and Me Lessons
- Sizing taken with Rental Reservation
Do I need to wear a helmet?
- This decision is at the parents’ discretion. Lost Valley does not require that a helmet is worn, however helmets are available as part of our standard rental package
Will classes be held in the snow, rain, or cold weather?
- Lessons are often held in inclement weather conditions.
- **IN THE EVENT OF A CANCELLATION, PARTICIPANTS WILL NOT BE CALLED INDIVIDUALLY.
- If the weather is questionable, do not call or email, but rather refer to lostvalleyski.com/lessons/cancellations-postponements to check the status of your lesson. This page will be updated in the event of any cancellations.
- What if a class is postponed by Lost Valley?
- Classes, if postponed by Lost Valley, will be made up at the end of the program.
- If you or your group elects not to come on a day when Lost Valley is open and lessons are running, there will be no make up day.
What if my child is sick and can’t attend class?
- Single Day lessons can be rescheduled if cancellation is made at least 2 hrs in advance of the scheduled lesson time;.
- Organized Multiweek Classes cannot be made up due to illness or schedule conflicts.
- Our lessons follow a progression and it will be important to attend all session possible. If classes are missed it may be necessary to schedule a make up private lesson before the next session in order to keep up with the group. You may do so CLICK HERE
- What if my child gets hurt or doesn’t want to attend class anymore? Can I get a refund?
- We will issue refunds in the case of an injury or illness with a doctors note only. If your child does not want to attend classes, we may offer partial credit for the unattended portion of the lesson program. This credit may be used for any other purchases at Lost Valley
What is your policy if CDC COVID guidelines call for cancelling or postponing the program?
Still have questions? Fill out the form below to submit a question to our ski school