Frequently Asked Questions
Multi-Week Lesson Programs
How early should I arrive?
- Allow ample time to get dressed and with all equipment and ready for lesson at its scheduled time
- If renting equipment we recommend arriving 60 minutes before scheduled lesson time.
- Lessons start promptly at scheduled lesson time. If you arrive after scheduled lesson time and your group has headed on to the hill it may be difficult to catch up to them and you will run the risk of missing your lesson.
What level is my skier & snowboarder?
->Check out our skier & snowboarder ability sheet to determine your level of ability <-
Where do the classes meet?
- If renting please proceed to the rental shop to retrieve your pre set up reserved equipment at least 60 minutes before scheduled lesson time.
- Classes meet in our Ski and Snowboard School Learning Area.
Multi Week Lesson Programs
- Snowboard classes meet at Orange Cones with numbers that correspond to their assigned group number.
- Group numbers are based on the ability level that each group is being taught to.
- Ski classes meet at Yellow Cones with numbers that correspond to thier assigned group number.
- Group numbers are based on the ability level that each group is being taught to
Tickets For Group Programs
Junior Program participants
- distributed to multi week program students by their instructors for Junior Program participants
School , Rec Department , or Clubs
- Distributed by designated group leader of School , Rec Department , or Club organizer outside of lodge at a location of their choosing. Rec Group leaders should communicate to their participants as to how to find and identify them. We suggest a sign or banner of some sort sign. Pop-ups are welcome. Group leaders may call to arrange advance ticket pickup.
Daily Private, Semi Private And Single day group lessons
- Meet instructors outdoors in ski school learning area
- Signage identifying Private 1 hr Ski/Snowboard and 2hr Learn To Ski/Snowboard will be there to help find your instructor. Your instructor will check you in and provide your lift ticket
What kind of clothing should I wear?
- Layers. Layers of appropriate winter outerwear, waterproof gloves, no loose articles of clothing, and goggles are recommended.
Should my child ski or snowboard?
- This depends on your child’s interest. It doesn’t matter which sport your child learns first.
- If you child expresses an interest in one over the other, go with that.
Can I switch to skiing from snowboarding and vice versa?
- As a Covid-19 safety precaution we will require students in group lessons to stay with the same group for the entire series of lessons to allow us to contact trace and reduce social interaction
Please be sure that you are selecting the correct lesson type and ability level as this is the group that your student will be with for the duration of our lesson program.
How are children placed in classes?
- We ask that you review the Skiing and Snowboarding Ability Level Descriptions register your child accordingly.
For Covid-19 compliance it will be important that all students remain in their originally assigned groups. For this reason it will be important that Ability Level be accurate at registration. Once students are sorted by ability and placed in groups they will remain in the same group for the duration of the multi-session program .
Where do I meet my child at the end of class?
- Students are released at the bottom of the trail that class ended on. Please arrange a meeting place with your child before the lesson begins. Lessons may begin and end on different slopes. Stress to your children where you will be when their lesson is completed.
Can I watch the lesson?
- Yes, but you must stand at the bottom of hill and out of the way of skiers / snowboarders on the hill.
How early should I arrive?
- At least a half hour early.
When should I have my rental equipment fitted?
Do I need to wear a helmet?
- This decision is at the parents’ discretion. Lost Valley does not require that a helmet is worn, however helmets are available to rent.
Will classes be held in the snow, rain, or cold weather?
- Lessons are often held in inclement weather conditions.
- **IN THE EVENT OF A CANCELLATION, PARTICIPANTS WILL NOT BE CALLED INDIVIDUALLY.
- If the weather is questionable, please check lostvalleyski.com/cancellations.html to check the status of your lesson.
- What if a class is postponed by Lost Valley?
- Classes, if postponed by Lost Valley, will be made up at the end of the program.
- If you or your group elects not to come on a day when Lost Valley is open and lessons are running, there will be no make up day.
What if my child is sick and can’t attend class?
- Classes cannot be made up due to illness or schedule conflicts.
- Because it is important to maintain group structure as a Covid 19 Precaution, we can no longer add a child to an alternate time slot for a make up visit.
What if my child gets hurt or doesn’t want to attend class anymore? Can I get a refund?
- We will issue refunds in the case of an injury or illness with a doctors note only. If your child does not want to attend classes, we may offer partial credit for the unattended portion of the lesson program. This credit may be used for any other purchases at Lost Valley
Ski Well Be Well Covid-19 Ski School Precautions:
The following precautions have been put in place to help us reduce contact, and safely distance inside the lodge and outdoors while in lessons
- All lessons must be pre-registered online in advance . no walk-ins.
- Multi Week Lesson Programs
- Please register online by posted registration deadline on registration site for the desired lesson. Some lessons may fill before posted registration deadline
- Single Day Lessons
- To allow us to appropriately manage lesson capacity within COVID-19 safety guidelines, please reserve lessons online by 12am the evening before desired lesson time
Please arrive dressed for skiing or snowboarding and allow at least ONE HOUR before scheduled lesson time for check in and/or rental pickup. Access to lodge is limited and not guaranteed. Also, due to limits on numbers of people in the rental shop, the retrieving of your equipment may take considerably longer. If you arrive later than ONE HOUR prior to lesson, you may not have time to prepare before lesson start. Late arrivals will risk missing their lesson and may require rescheduling for another time
- If a student or any member of a student’s household has had a fever, experienced any of the signs of Covid 19 infection or has been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for Covid 19 please stay home for 14 days or until
Please arrive dressed for skiing or snowboarding and allow at least 60 minutes before scheduled lesson time for check in and/or rental pickup. Access to lodge is limited and not guaranteed. If you arrive later than 60 minutes prior to lesson, you may not have time to prepare before lesson start. Late arrivals will risk missing their lesson and may require rescheduling for another time
Limited number of guests in the ski school room
- Instructors will not be riding the chair lift with lesson students in any of our lessons to help us practice safe distancing.
- We will provide complimentary lift tickets to parents who wish to ride the chairlift with their young children.
- Parents must already know how to ski or snowboard and be familiar with safely loading and unloading the chairlift
Rental sizing information will be taken with online registration to help us reduce contact and increase efficiency.
Equipment will be set up in advance for guests to pick up. See rental procedures
Lessons will meet outdoors. Staff will be on hand to help guests find their groups and instructors.
Masks on at all times while in lessons
- Parents and spectators must socially distance at a minimum of 6′ of space and wear masks or face coverings at all times while in the Learning Area.
Children under age 7
Because Children of this age may require a great deal of physical contact parental ( or approved guardian) assistance for kids under 7 is required in an effort to reduce contact between instructor and children as a COVID-19 precaution.
- Because of this we can only place children under age seven in lessons specifically designed to handle these needs, and can not place them in lessons designed for children over age 7
- Parent must already know how to ski, or snowboard and be able to comfortably load, ride and exit the chairlift.
- Two lesson offerings are available to meet these specific needs
- Please visit the National Ski Areas Association’s Ski Well Be Well Page
What is your policy if CDC COVID guidelines call for cancelling or postponing the program?
Still have questions? Fill out the form below to submit a question to our ski school