Instructor Information Page
Share your love of Skiing and Snowboarding with others by becoming an Instructor at Lost Valley!
Learn How Below.
All applicants MUST apply online, as well as register for our free Instructor Training Course. Links to both follow below:
Applicants for hire must be at least 14 years of age. You will be required to create an account with GetHired.com during the application process..
This account will help you stay up to date with your application for employment with Lost Valley
All employees under age 16 must obtain a worker’s permit from their School Principal’s Office or the Office of the Superintendent of Schools
Apprenticeship training is available to 13 and 14 year old’s . Apprentices do not apply for hire, but may register for our instructor training course below to enroll as an apprentice. Parents: it will be important that all registrants registering as apprentice do so with their own personal email addresses if possible
Instructor Training Course Starts Sat Nov 20
Pre registration Required for ALL instructors ( Returning and New Hires)
Anyone who missed the orientation on Nov 20 may view the slideshow at the following link. tinyurl.com/LVOrientation and follow all of the steps.
Please be sure to download the Employee Employee handbook below
Pre-Season Instructor Training Course will remain as unpaid “try outs” moving forward as a condition of employment for Hiring and Re-Hiring each season.
Beginning Jan 1 regular ongoing Saturday morning Clinics will be paid for all instructors at their regular hourly rate. Instructors must attend a minimum of 3 Saturday Morning clinics per month. If scheduling makes attendance impossible you will be required to schedule make up time with one of our trainers.
of skiers and snowboarders
it will be important that we know as soon as
possible when you will be available to
teach so that we can assign lessons and
make their snow-filled dreams a reality.
All potential new hire instructors, and returning staff must submit availability at the links below. An exclusion to this rule is with apprentices who are not hired to teach lessons on their own
Multi week availability
Uniform Order All Instructors (non Apprentice) who do not already have a Lost Valley Ski and Snowboard School Uniform must reserve a uniform at the following link: ********************************************************************************** New Applicants: Please take the online new instructors course with PSIA/AASI see the link at : take the New Instructors Course
- Send results of the New Instructors Course to email@example.com.
- All Instructors ( New Applicants and Returning ): Please take the following courses as they apply to your specific discipline (Alpine or Snowboard) Delivering the Beginner Experience – Alpine Delivering the Beginner Experience – Snowboard see the link at : Multi Week Lesson Program Availability Starting Jan 6
- Please go to your Only Sky account Weekend and Holiday Availability Any instructor wishing to recieve a complimentary lift ticket on a weekend or a holiday/vacation week must sign up for availablility on that day by using the scheduling tool on your Only Sky account . Click the following link for instructions . You must also arrive at lost valley no later than 9:45 to recieve a complentary ticket on that date. If no availability is listed on a day that you wish to come to Lost Valley, or you are not here by 9:45 no complimetary ticket will be provided. on weekends an holidays line up will be in Ski and Snowboard School Meeting room 15 minutes before the top of each hour from 10am -3pm *Please Note: Listing availability means that you so that we may assign lessons to you.
- If a lesson is assigned the 15 minutes of line up time will be included in your pay
- Failure to appear at line up may result in the loss of ticket privilege
- Check out instructor resources and information about PSIA and AASI at thesnowpros.org
- also review the e-learning modules at thesnowpros.org/education/e-learning